Created by Michelle Carter 2016 Olympic Gold Medalist and American Record Holder in Women's Shot Put, You Throw Girl Sports Confidence Camp is for female athletes in all sports ranging in grades 6th - 12th grade. At these unique hands-on camps, young athletes will be empowered to thrive while living a healthy lifestyle full of confidence not just in their athletic capabilities but also who they are as young ladies. Michelle is joined by college coaches and fellow Olympians to encourage them to love their bodies, value their thoughts and respect themselves because we all were created to do something great!
Camps are scheduled throughout the country. Don't see one in your area? Reach out to the Shot Diva Team and we will see what we can do to bring Michelle and her You Throw Girl Sports Confidence Camp to you.
Want to support a scholarship? We are always looking for cheerleaders and advocates to reach more girls who would otherwise not have this special opportunity to get first-hand guidance from an Olympic Champion.
Want to be a Sponsor? We would love to have your support to make this camp one to remember. Sposorship packages coming soon.
Donations should be made to our non-profit (501c3) One Golden Shot Donations are tax-deductible.
Last year was the inaugural You Throw Girl Sports Confidence Camp and it was amazing! You Throw Girl had 55 campers for this half day camp. You Throw Girl has been extended to 3 nights and 2 days of great training tips, empowering information, and confidence building activities.
In our Throws Sessions, the girls will be given great tips from Olympians and professional athletes to help them become the best athletes they can be.
- Throwing Session: Will be held at The University of Texas in Arlington, better known as UTA, Maverick Stadium located at 1307 W. Mitchell St., Arlington, Texas 76103. They have 2 shot rings, 2 discus rings, and a 400m track.
In our Confidence Workshops, they will be equipped with important skills for life:
Confidence Workshops: These will take place in the Hilton DoubleTree Arlington DFW South, 1507 N. Watson Road, Arlington TX 76006.
- Vision Board/Goal Setting Workshop* – Dedicated for Thursday night. They will learn to dream big and plan to reach their goals.
- Self Defense Class* - They will learn some basic self-defense moves to help protect themselves if they ever find themselves in a dangerous situation.
- Yoga Class* – They will learn some yoga moves that will help keep their bodies healthy and strong.
- Girl Talk Workshop* - This is where we will create a safe environment for the girls to share some of their life challenges. We will help walk them through it by sharing things we have experienced and how we overcame our challenges.
- Etiquette Workshop* – Here they will learn some simple etiquette techniques that will get them through all kinds of social situations.
- Shot Diva’s Beauty Workshop* – At this workshop, they will learn some Shot Diva tips and tricks to look and feel their best. We will tackle skin care, feminine care, hair care, and how to apply age-appropriate makeup. For those who aren’t old enough for makeup or don’t wear makeup, we will have different accommodations at that time.
- * Workshops are subject to change
A Bonus for the parents! We will have a parents’ session Thursday night. We want to hear your concerns to learn how we can better serve your athlete and we also want to share some tips from the athlete’s point of view.